Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Creative Every Day

You may have noticed a new button on my sidebar -- Creative Every Day is a blog I stumbled upon tonight. I'm excited because  Leah views the concept of creativity in the broad way that I do:

Creativity is meant in the broadest sense, so it doesn't have to be something art related. Your creative acts could be in cooking, taking pictures, knitting, doodling, writing, dancing, decorating, singing, playing with your kids, brainstorming ideas, gardening, or making art in the form of collage, paint, or clay...or whatever!
To me, that's encouraging. Now, she happens to be a visual artist herself -- but still -- she encourages you and me to find all kinds of ways to express our creative selves. I like that.

So, I accepted her CED challenge. How about you -- are you up for it????? C'mon -- it'll be fun! Pop back here every once in a while and let me know what you're up to! Knitting? Reading a special book to your children with a different voice for every character? Setting a pretty table? Adding a splash of colour with a new throw-cushion? Writing a pen-to-paper letter to a dear friend? Coming up with a no-cost date idea? Taking some unusual-for-you photographs -- or photo-editing one you already have?

I can't wait to hear your ideas!

(For the record, I chose to start working on the March challenge for the Altered Books group of which I'm a member -- the prompt for which is simply "feather". I'll show ya later!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sincere responses . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...