Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Creative Lighting

A couple of Christmases ago, I put some lighted garland above our sliding glass doors and really loved the evening ambiance created by the lighting. I lamented the fact that when Christmas was over I'd have to take it down -- but this year my brilliant and creative SIL suggested I just change the garland and make the decorations seasonal. So here's our spring version (though I think it needs more lights):




I'm sorry I haven't mastered the art of taking pictures in dim light, but you get the idea here. It's an ivy-like garland with mini lights and springish flowers. Here's a close up:


There's nothing like soft lighting to make a room cozy and comfortable after dark. Do you have any favourite ways of creating ambiance?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sincere responses . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...