Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day Altered Book, Etc.

The gift has been given, so now I can show you the Father's Day gift I've been working on for a while now. I know it's the children that should be expressing their gratitude to Dad -- but my DH is such an awesome Dad that I always want to give him an inkling of how much his fatherhood means to me, too.



















I had each child dictate their answers to the following statement starters:
I love my dad because . . .
From my dad I've learned . . .
With my dad I like to . . .
Then I made tags to go on each person's page:


I was not the only one who tried to get creative with a gift for the dad of our family; here is the Lego sign DS11 designed and created:


Pretty neat, eh? DD12 suggested he could make and sell them because people would buy them. How sweet is that? (It's music to my ears to hear such encouraging words!)

What are some special ways you've found to creatively celebrate that special dad in your family?


9 comments:

  1. Stopping by from the Crew. What a great idea!!! It turned out really cute too! Filing this project away for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, Jacquelin :) I neglected to mention in this post (though I did elsewhere) that I started with a children's board book :) I actually spent no money on the project :) Bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely book for dad! I'm sure he will treasure it always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. VERY nice project--thank you for posting it on the Yahoo group. Nola

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Linda and Nola :) And thanks for stopping by AND letting me know you did! My AB friends are such an inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paula! What a neat book! I know your husband treasures it. You have a beautiful family - it's great to see your kids following in your creative footsteps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How adorable!! Love the altered book idea and the writing from your kids. Fantabulous!!

    My CED 2010 Post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I especially love the lego "I love you" - my son would love that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah! Great book(creative and thoughtful) and wonderful photos! Love the way your kids treat each other too. Thanks so much for sharing your family with us!

    ReplyDelete

Sincere responses . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...