Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Making Sickness Sweeter

Nobody likes to be sick. So when DD12 got hit with the same flu DD8 had, I tried to make her misery more tolerable with some prettiness. It's traditional in our family that when someone is sick, they get served their meals in bed on a tray. I always like to make it special in hopes that it will help them to feel better -- or at least feel loved :)




This teacup is too chipped and cracked to be used for tea, but I can't bring myself to get rid of it. I'm glad I thought of a new use for it.

There is just something about star-shaped ice cubes that pleases me. But I think I've told you that before.


Pansies are my mother's favourite flowers, and they're mine, too. There's something about their smiling faces that cheers a soul up. Besides, they're edible :) I love how the pansy on the placemat matches the ones on the plate! (I didn't plan that ;)



What special little things make you feel better when you're sick?
What little family tradition do you have that says "I love you" in a creative way?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sincere responses . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...