Monday, August 9, 2010

Blessing Basket

We just returned from holidays, but prior to our departure, I mentioned we had made some meals for people who could use a bit of a blessing (one had brain surgery, and two had newborn babies). Because I count kitchen creations as part of my Creative Every Day challenge, I thought I would share some pictures of some of the things we put in our little blessing baskets and boxes. On the menu was homemade lasagna, caesar salad, and homemade garlic bread with butter bleneded with fresh garlic and our own garden herbs:



For dessert, there was cheesecake (also homemade) with strawberry sauce my dh made a few weeks ago.


I decided the jars needed to be prettied up a bit, so I cut fabric tops and made little identification tags and secured them with ribbon:


The children participated in the cooking and baking, so it really was a family "ministry" activity :) We believe it was a blessing to the recipients. (And we got to enjoy the same meal ourselves -- though we ran out of cheesecake batter!)

What are some creative ways that you have found to bless others who might just appreciate a little something to make life easier or more pleasant?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sincere responses . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...