Monday, October 25, 2010

Monday Musings on the Creator in Me

Inspiration

As someone who strives to be creative every day as an expression of the Creator in me (I'm hoping you recognize the double entendre), I am in constant seach of inspiration in the world around me.

I find it in nature . . .


I find it in my family . . .


I find it in books -- old and new . . .



I find it in music (which I don't create myself ;-)


I find it in other people's work, including what I see on other people's blogs (see my side bar) . . .



And yet that seems a bit contraditory, doesn't it? If I have the Creator (Christ) in me, I have an endless supply of inspiration in me.

So how do we tap into that source of inspiration?

I've written before about artistic responses to scripture. That's one way . . .

Prayer and journaling also work. Can you think of others? What are some active ways we can draw on the inspiration that comes from "Christ in me"? Please tell me in a comment below!


2 comments:

  1. Inspiration can also come from seeing a need and filling it! It means you have to listen, interpret and somehow respond (usually creatively to get results.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, that's a good one, Erica! It's easy enough to "give to the poor" by writing a cheque or dropping off a few cans at a food bank. But to really SEE a need (and not necessarily of the obviously poor) and respond to it by the prompting of the Spirit -- that's so different, and usually does involve some creativity on our part. That's a really good example of tapping into the Source! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete

Sincere responses . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...