Sunday, November 6, 2011

Gratitude Challenge November 6


Based on this post, you may be able to anticipate the next three things I'm thankful for -- but don't let that stop you from reading ;) 


I am thankful for my 14-year-old daughter. She's smart, witty, courageous, compassionate, creative, and delightfully affectionate. She has some things to figure out about the world (don't we all!) -- but God's going to use her in mighty ways one day -- I just know it. She is the child I longed for when my womb was empty -- and she has been a blessing her whole life. Now, it's worth bearing in mind that my definition of a blessing is "anything that brings us closer to God" -- and she has done so in both sweet and sorrowful ways! ;) But even when I'm driven to my knees as her parent, I am eternally grateful for her presence in my life. I hope one day she will grasp the depth of that truth. 





What are you thankful for today?


3 comments:

  1. I also have a 14 year old daughter, and I understand what you mean. I love my daughter very much. She is a great Blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful photo and post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Sara :) And thank you Very Blessed Mama for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete

Sincere responses . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...