Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Word Art Wednesday - February 8, 2012

"I know my Redeemer lives" Job 19:25 is this week's free word art passage at Word Art Wednesday. It begs the question, what is a redeemer?


It's a saviour, deliverer, rescuer, saver, according to Miriam Webster's dictionary's synonyms (which were far more helpful than the definition itself!). 


The One who fulfills the role is Jesus. And I do know He lives because He lives in me! (Galatians 2:20) And because He lives, I can face tomorrow! (Truly! Read the lyrics as you listen to the song at that link.)


I did two pieces of art for this verse simply because I didn't like the first one. I wanted an art journal feel to it, so I used some bits and pieces of things I'd done before, but never used in a piece of art. I started by printing the verse on lined paper, and used a background I created while working through The Artistic Mother, as well as an image transfer I'd made and coloured ages ago. But there was really no rhyme nor reason to what I was doing, and I think that's why I wasn't really happy with the results.There is, of course, a place for that kind of art, but I want my WAW pieces to be purposeful and significant. 


I stamped over the poor little one's face!!!

So, since DD9 was happily painting away beside me and seemed nowhere near being "done," (she was playing with paint, not really creating anything in particular)  I decided to try again. I still used stuff from my stash, including the background paper and the woven paper, which DD9 and I created together more than a year ago. I chose that particular background paper because I was still going for the haphazard, vibrant colours that I so often see in art journals. I used the woven paper because of what I said about my Redeemer above -- He lives in me -- our lives are intertwined. It's His Life that sparkles in mine -- represented by the glittery "r." And those three gems at the top? They represent my triune God -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit :) The stitching and bead are just decorative ;) 



I definitely like my second piece better. What do you think?


If you would like to enjoy the pleasure (and it really is a pleasure) of participating in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge, please link up with us! You might just win something pretty from Fred She Said.


Also -- tomorrow is the beginning of our Valentine's Blog Hop! Be sure to check out the work of the WAW Design Team and some of the members of Stampin' Sisters in Christ





10 comments:

  1. I like the first one better!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?! Can you explain why, C? I'm just surprised.

      Delete
  2. I should have said, I like them BOTH, but I prefer the first one. I loved Mattea's crayon creation, too....very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are gorgeous. Beautiful colors. I do love the first one best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think...

    You are SO creative and 'out of the box' and gifted. Your cards are so unique and powerful! Love the bold colors and your exploration of different mediums and techniques.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the shininess of the first one and the weaving and stitching in the second. Great pages.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the colours better in the first one...for me, I think the weaving of the second makes it look a little too "modern" for my taste!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like both of them, but I agree that the second is my favorite! LOVE all of your colors and the hard work you put into praising your Savior is inspiring! :) Hope all is going well for you--prayers and thoughts are always with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woah! I'm really loving the template/theme of this site. It's simple, yet effective.
    A lot of times it's very difficult to get that "perfect balance" between usability and visual appeal. I must say you have done a superb job with this. Also, the blog loads extremely quick for me on Firefox. Superb Blog!

    My homepage :: online banking

    ReplyDelete
  9. An impressive share! I have just forwarded this onto a coworker who has been doing a
    little research on this. And he actually bought me breakfast because I discovered it for him.

    .. lol. So allow me to reword this.... Thank YOU for the meal!
    ! But yeah, thanx for spending the time to discuss this issue here on your website.



    My site :: Catering-in-Orange-County

    ReplyDelete

Sincere responses . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...